Oakton High School
Boys Varsity Swim & Dive
For the Oakton Boy’s Swim & Dive team, Joseph Perreault, typically a diver, finished his high school dual meet career by swimming butterfly in the 200 Medley Relay and finishing fifth. Other shout-outs to the boy’s side include:
- Kevin Bourdelais, Edward Burrows, Sam Walters, and Matthew Sargent starting the individual events with a sweep in 200 freestyle
- Divers Joseph Perreault (1st), Joshua Shipley (2nd), Blaise Wuest (3rd) , and John DeFranco (5th) crushed it in diving.
- Anthony Arcomona, Ian Ching, Sam Walters, and Diego Galvez also sweeping in 100 butterfly
- Chase Koller winning the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:18.31
- Caleb Yu winning the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:06.65
- Anthony Grimm making a state cut in the 50 freestyle with a time 21.14
To finish off the night, the 400 freestyle relay team of Joe Wong, Daniel Gyenis, Albert Xu, and Anthony Grimm made the state cut with a time of 3:14.32.
At the end of the meet, with 18 swimmers improving their previous best times, the Oakton Cougar boys crushed Westfield 230-85, ending their dual meet season with a perfect 8-0 record.
Next week, Oakton will be at the VHSL Concorde Districts event at Cub Run and will be battling it out for 1st place against Centreville, Madison, Chantilly, and Westfield. Prelims begin at 5:30 pm on Friday, January 25th, with finals starting at 5:30 pm on Saturday. Come out and cheer the Cougars on to victory—show up early, wear burgundy & gold, and be loud.